- 1 9” graham cracker pie crust—ready made, or make your own—see below for crust recipe.
- 340g or 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup very strong coffee
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 450g/15 oz silken tofu, drained and crumbled (organic is recommended)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- ⅛ tsp salt
Makes one 9" pie
1. Combine chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla in a metal bowl. Place the metal bowl over a pot of simmering water, and frequently stir the chocolate mixture with a spatula until it's completely melted.
2. In a blender combine tofu, agave nectar, and chocolate mixture. Carefully blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. There should be absolutely no white chunks of tofu left.
3. Pour the mixture into your prepared crust, and refrigerate the pie for 2 hours, or until the pudding is firm. Serve with whipped coconut cream. *Can be made ahead of time and served the next day.
- 1 16-ounce package vegan-friendly cookies (Oreo’s, Newman O’s, honey-free graham crackers, etc.)
- 7 T. dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1 T. sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly oil a 9" pie plate and set aside.
2. In a blender, process the cookies until the mixture resembles very fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and combine with the melted dairy-free soy margarine and sugar until well blended. Press into the prepared pie plate and bake for about 10 minutes, or until evenly browned. Use for dairy-free cheesecakes or pies.
Recipe submitted by Brittany Bragg