A cheerful alternative to raspberry vinaigrette using cherries!
Recipe designed by: Sandra Venneri, BSc, PHEc of Nutrition Bites Consulting
- 2 cups of pitted cherries (sweet or tart/sour)
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup or ice wine (preferably red!)
- 1/4 tsp of salt (optional, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper (optional, to taste)
Variations (Use one or a combination of them) – Add another layer of flavour!
- Herb: 1 tsp of fresh chopped parsley or cilantro/coriander
- Ginger: 1 tsp of ginger root, peeled and chopped finely
- Citrus: Add 1 tsp of orange, lemon or lime juice
1. Chop by hand or use a food processor/blender to blend cherries to a pulp. Set aside.
2. Place the rest of ingredients in order as they appear into a salad dressing cruet or container.(A funnel helps.)
3. Add blended cherries into cruet.
4. Shake and serve. Refrigerate any extra dressing for up to 7 days.
Servings Per Recipe: 1 cup of dressing or 16 servings of 1 tbsp (15mL) each.
This recipe is featured in the newly launched Growing Up Healthy Organic Seed to Fork Kits. The kit that puts the connection between food, cooking and healthy eating for all ages and stages. Seed kits are very affordable and available online at nutritionbites.ca/growinguphealthy.
More healthy & vegan recipes can be found at Nutrition Bites Consulting website at nutritionbites.ca. Nutrition Bites is a local business that provides nutrition education to children, adults & businesses through personalized coaching, cooking lessons, mindful eating workshops, special events & speaking engagements. All questions and inquiries are welcome through the website or by emailing the owner, Sandra Venneri, at email@example.com.
Nutrition Bites Consulting: Helping you get healthier in little bites . . .
Copyright with all rights reserved. You're welcome to share the recipe but remember to give credit where credit is due - to the author and re-post with permission using this link to the original post: nutritionbites.ca/recipes/cheerycherryharvestvinaigrette/